Over the years I've been fortunate enough to work with some cracking companies. From broadcast TV to digital media, I've enjoyed a challenging and exciting career so far.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Confident self shooter; FS7, FX9, DSLR's, GoPro's
• Editorial mindset, strong narrative building skills
• Covid filming environment training
DOCUMENTARY AND BRAND EXPERIENCE
Self shooting documentary P/D with international experience
Working with brands such as Google, Samsung, BBC, COP26 and more.
Directing large crews and working with talent and contributors.
DIRECTOR / PRODUCER: Samsung / Currys - Fresh Agency (August)
Producing and directing videos for Samsung / Curry's on behalf of Fresh Agency
3 x Deliverable videos focusing on staff, customers and rebranding of multiple stores.
DIRECTOR / PRODUCER: CDN - Doubling Disability (August)
Creating a short-form documentary on the benefits of disclosing hidden disabilities to an employer.
Working with BSL interpreters, green screen and AD technology.
SHOOTING ASSISTANT PRODUCER - Channel 4 (July / August)
Shooting AP for Channel 4 'Once Upon a Time in Zante' filming on location in Greece.
Interviewing contributors, producing sequences, creating story beats.
Filming on FX9, A7s, Go-Pro.
DIRECTOR / PRODUCER: STORY AND EDIT PRODUCER- Jack Morton (April - May 2021)
Producing and directing character led documentaries across Asia, Africa and Europe
Budgeting, creative brief writing, story producing, assembling international teams
Edit producing, directing a team of editors in post-house.
SEGMENT PRODUCER: HYUNDAI / FOR TOMORROW: UNITED NATIONS EARTH DAY (March 2021)
Segment producer and DP for documentary on climate change.
Interviewing contributors and experts, location managing and deliverables.
Filming in controlled environments with machinery and hazardous materials
SELF SHOOTING DP: BLACKPOOL SHOWTOWN! (November 2020 - February 2021)
Creating a series of documentaries for Blackpool Council and Showtown Museum, focusing on the lives of some of the cities most beloved and famous singers, artists and performers.
Working with celebrity talent on location
Travelogue style segments, master interviews and location handling
SELF SHOOTING DP: EU / ASSOCIATION AU CARREFOUR (January 2021 - February 2021)
Self shooting 3 x documentaries for the EU, filming on location in Reunion Island
Working with local fixers to establish dialogue across multiple languages
Self Shooting Assistant Producer - Old House New Home (Channel 4) Amazing Productions (Nov - current)
- Shooting on location (FS7) for presenter led show.
Self Shooting Assistant Producer - The Nolans Coming Home (Quest Red) Koska (Oct - Nov 2020)
- Shooting on location (FS7) assisting in story development and editorial structure.
Self Shooting Assistant Producer - The Bidding Room (BBC1) Ricochet TV (Sept - Oct 2020)
- Interviewing talent and contributors, shooting on location (FS7)
Producer / Director - Alf Morris - Disability Act, Manchester Histories (April - September)
P/D for a 3 part documentary series for Manchester Histories on the life of disability rights activist, Alf Morris.
- Shaping the narrative for 3 documentaries, filmed on the FS7, working with multiple crews.
- Creating concepts, creatively constructing the series, casting and managing on screen talent and contributors.
Producer - Human Appeal (March 2020 - September 2020)
- Filming and editing video content from Syria, Afghanistan and Yemen
- Creating documentary treatments and scripts for broadcast and media output
- Researching, planning and executing production across the UK and abroad
Head of Media and Content Production - EDACY (March 2019 - December 2019)
- Creating interactive video course content for the Sultanate of Oman.
- Producing and self shooting documentary content in Senegal, Switzerland and the UK.
- Filming 200hours+ of green screen content across Europe for interactive learning content.
- Working with fixers to secure contributors, working with translators and directing large international crews
Casting Researcher - ITV - (August 2018 - January 2019)
- Casting volumes of contributors whilst working towards very tight deadlines
- Maintaining an excellent relationship with contributors from initial phone call to studio day.
- Building relationships with contributors, casting contributors from social media and news articles.
Assistant Producer - BBC Tomorrow's World (March 2018 - August 2018)
- Casting contributors and celebrity talent
- Producing and devising content for BBC platforms
- Script writing for broadcast and online publications
- Editing video and photographic content
Senior Researcher - Lizardfish TV - CBBC (January 2018 - April 2018)
- Researching content for CBBC and BBC programmes.
- Concept creation, script writing and call sheets
- Self shooting on location and editing content.
Director On Site - Google / YouTube (September 2016 - July 2018)
- Producing, directing and filming video content for SMBs across the UK and USA
- Maintaining excellent relationships between YouTube and clients
- Concept creation, script writing and call sheets
- Delivering talks and video demonstrations in the USA
Creative Director, Swift Video (May 2014 - Present)
I run and manage my own independent production company, Swift Video. I produce documentaries and short form videos for social media and online use.
TV Work and Training
I’ve worked in TV development with Blue Door Co and Banyak Films. For these I researched and developed treatments for reality doc TV shows and pitched them to channels such as Al Jazeera, BBC Learning and National Geographic. I’ve worked with Channel 4 as a production assistant on documentary series ‘No Go Britain’ as well as a production coordinator with the BFI.
Coventry University May 2009-2013
Unviersidad Europea de Madrid 2011 - 2012
BA (Hons) Media Production
1st Class Honors